Sign up now- Please join us for the Shipleys of Maryland Annual Luncheon and Business Meeting on Saturday, October 28, 2023 at Matthew’s 1600 Restaurant, 1600 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228. The event will start at 12 noon and run until until 4pm.
- Title: Shipleys Before 1668.
- Re-presentation of 2019: On the Road to Kirkby Fleetham
- Presented by: Thom Shipley and Chris Taylor
- A revisit to the research trip to England in search of Adam’s life before he came to the colonies in 1668.
- How did SHIPLEY come about?
- A reminder of his hometown, his parents, his siblings.
- The orphaned brothers he left behind.
- Search for long lost cousins.
The Luncheon- Buffet-Style, including:
- Mixed Greens Garden Salad – with champagne vinaigrette & creamy herb dressings
- Hot Vegetable Du Jour – with garlic-butter
- Chicken Daniel – chicken breasts with sun-dried tomatoes in a cream sauce with pommery mustard, with rice pilaf
- Beef Burgundy – beef tips braised with mushrooms in burgundy wine sauce, with redskin mashed potatoes
- Seafood Annapolis – shrimp & crab in an Old Bay cream sauce, over rice pilaf
- Includes: Warm rolls, coffee, tea and sodas.
- Dessert: Sugar Bakers Sampler – lemon bars, cherry cheesecake bars, fudge brownies, blondies, pecan bars
How to Sign Up (deadline Oct 13th):
- Mail signups (names/headcount & check payable to The Shipleys of Maryland) by October 13 to: Connie Sparrow, 116 East Bay View Drive, Annapolis, MD 21403-4102
- Price: $45 per person for the food, presentation and meeting
- Questions? contact Connie Sparrow (email@example.com and 443-995-4663 mobile)
- Restaurant information- https://matthews1600.net/, 410-788-2500